2 Sept 2006

When a Stranger Calls

I believe you all had ever received phone calls about promotions of different products and services. It happens in Scotland too. In fact, I found that I received this type of phone calls more frequently here than in Kuala Lumpur. Perhaps I seldom stayed at home when I was in Kuala Lumpur.

Among these phone calls, promotions about telecommunication, i.e. phone line and internet service are the most common. Even though we didn’t give our house phone number to those companies, but they still can get the number. Sometimes, I receive two or three calls in one afternoon. Just imagine, perhaps I just finished my jobs at the hospitals or clinics and hoped to have some rest, perhaps I was stuck in my thesis or articles writing, perhaps I was busy with blogging, so those phone calls were really disturbing. Normally, I tried my best to answer those phone calls as polite as I can since I know that making phone calls is their job and responsibility. But I really fed up with those phone calls which are automatically made by machine and/or software. When receiving this kind of phone calls, I just hung up my phone.

However, I received the funniest phone call I had ever received just now. Here was our conversation:

“Hi, this is XX from XX Company. I called a lady just now about changing the phone plan. Can I speak to her?”

“Sorry, I think you have wrong number.”

“Oh, no, I just called this number and talked to the lady. Can you ask her to speak to me?”

“Er… The problem is I’m the only lady here and I didn’t speak to anyone over the phone this afternoon.”

“Hahaha…” He laughed and said, “I can’t play the same trick on you.”

It’s really funny, right? What an honest guy.

By the way, when I hung up my phone, a thought flew into my mind, “What makes me so confident that I’m the only lady in this house?”

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 02 September, 2006 01:44, Blogger W said...

Haha, you wouldn't know...

 
At 02 September, 2006 02:33, Blogger 碧绿荷塘 said...

No matter she is a lady or she was a lady, it isn't a good news to me!
Please bless me...

 
At 02 September, 2006 09:52, Blogger 呼吸的747 @ 747 is breathing said...

看来薄荷糖和我一样,被电话搞到生活失常了
so, which lady you prefer? was or is?

^.^

 
At 02 September, 2006 12:51, Blogger W said...

The good news is she didn't show herself yet, but, wait and see-lah,... haha!

 
At 02 September, 2006 15:53, Blogger 碧绿荷塘 said...

At first, I refered to "is", but after reading Way's comment, I think "was" is possible too.
Of course, I dislike both.

 
At 02 September, 2006 17:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once we had a group of naugthy boys and girls who called us repeatedly and giggled whenever we answered the phone. The best way is to ignore them.

 
At 02 September, 2006 19:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

之前在马来西亚时也常接到银行信用卡部门拨来的促销电话,当时我直接向他们说我不希望再接到类似的电话,但那些电话还是接二连三的到访,真的很恼人。

你去年回家乡照顾母亲时我曾经对添健说他得好好照顾自己,他的回应是:当然得好好照顾自己啦,如果有其他人照顾我的话,那就有问题了!

不懂他说的是不是反话。哈哈!

 
At 03 September, 2006 16:58, Blogger 碧绿荷塘 said...

你这是在向我打小报告吗?
嗯,我会注意的。
周末无聊,找架吵。
哈哈哈……

 
At 04 September, 2006 20:50, Blogger 添健 said...

越来越了解朋友就是敌人这句话的含义……

 
At 05 September, 2006 03:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

哈,之后圣诞节其间在Glasgow见到你时才发现你消瘦了许多,该是没有人照顾的最好证据啦!

别担心,我不会乱讲话的。:p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home